LOCATION: 50 Precidio Ct, Brampton, ON L6S 6E3
Up to $108,160 per year, based on experience
Materials Managers Position (Permanent Position)
The Materials Manager will oversee the planning, procurement, storage control, distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements. The specific responsibilities of a Materials Manager may contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Identify competitive sources, liaise with existing and potential vendors in and outside Canada, negotiate and evaluate proposals, prices, materials in assisting purchasing procedures.
- Keep strong connection with company major vendor, QAP Automotive Industries (China) Ltd., located in Shanghai, China, work with different departments of major vendor to maintain stable relationship, coordinate with Marketing Department to formulate and implement product development policies, gather internal customers feedbacks on products and supplier performance with Customer Service Department and assist all vendors to take necessary measures to improve overall performance.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative reports/performance metrics for all purchasing activities including cost, quality and delivery performance of the suppliers.
- Manage and control cost in overall procurement process.
- Ensure availabilities of key and high-demand products stock volume while minimizing the level of inventory and the associated costs.
- Great eagerness in exploring new vendors to enhance competitiveness in the market, considering all direct and indirect factors that impact cost, quality and delivery.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with sales, warehouse, Quality Control teams to evaluate products costing, quality, capacity, delivery, and supplier’s performance issues.
- Determine the correct methods, tools and templates to Implement effective project management methodology, manage complex/Innovative projects in a main material management environment.
- Work with regional sales and marketing teams to create an overall supply chain strategy and capability road-map for the North American market, including local program execution and process deployment following ISO/TS procedure.
Materials Managers skills and qualifications
- Completion of bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, finance, supply chain management or related degree/diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years of lead hand experience, work experience in automotive parts manufacturing industries would be a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Mandarin (read, write, speak) is required.
- Knowledge of ERP system would be a critical asset.
- Previous experience in developing new products/ materials and managing material cost and resources is considered an asset.
- Must have high competency level in MS office applications, especially MS Access Database and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills, task-oriented and be able to work well in team environment.
- Be able to business travel frequently in East Asia (China and Taiwan)
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward the resumes to Careers@gkindustries.com .
G.K Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.